Seafloor mapping and classification are carried out every time is requested to know in detalis the seafloor morphology and habitats:
- inside harbors to check minimum draft, for dredging estimation or as preliminary survey;
- outside the port to monitor erosion phenomena, sensitive habitats or to observe the effect of a beach nourishment;
- in open water as preliminary survey for marine constructions (wind farms, oil and gas facilities, pipe and cable laying).
Fast and accurate methodologies can provide a seabed image of wide areas with the full coverage.
• Dual frequencies (100-500kHz) side scan sonar
• Acoustic backscattering from high frequency multibeam system
• Real time mosaicing
• Fast data playback for quality assessment