TD0720 hydrophone projector is a spherical general purpose hydrophone / projector, suitable for a wide range of applications.
As a transmitter TD0720 offers a large bandwidth around the resonance frequency of 25 kHz, very low electrical input-impedance, high sensitivity and high power output. In reception, the high sensitivity and the very high capacitance allow the use of long connecting cables without the need of pre-amplifier.
• Omnidirectional, general purpose hydrophone
• Wide frequency transmission band, high power underwater sound source
• Suited for transponders and pingers or acoustic data transmission
• High sensitivity, high capacitance, sound source suitable for tank and free field calibrations
• Sensitivity unaffected by hydrostatic pressure down to the recommended depth
• Custom cable lenght and connector type
• Outside diameter : 72.0 mm (over insulation)
• Molding material : Polyurethane
• Resonance frequency at constant voltage : 24.86 kHz (nominal)
• Transmitting frequency range at constant voltage
• Transmitting frequency range at constant current (parallel tuning)
• Receiving sensitivity : -190 dB //volt/μPa (1Hz to 2 kHz)
• Horizontal beam pattern : Omni ± 1.5 dB up to Resonance Freq.
• Vertical beam pattern : Omni ± 3 dB up to Resonance Freq.
• Source Level at resonance frequency : 149 dB// μPa/volt at 1 m
• Crushing depth : 2000 meters
• Maximum operating depth : 700 meters
• Receiving sensitivity change at 700 m : – 0.2 dB
• Capacitance (at 1 kHz) : 42.4 nF(with 1m coax cable)
• Capacitance change at 700 m : ≈ – 6 nF
• Conductance at resonance : 8.5 mS
• Susceptance at resonance : 4.2 mS (with cable 1m long)
Accessories and optional configurations
Cable lenght and connector termination by choice
Hydrophone/Projector TD0720 Download